Thursday, February 07, 2008

My Best Friend's Wedding

One of my oldest and dearest friends got married this weekend, and I was honored to be a bridesmaid. Kourtney and Chris tied the knot in Fort Worth on February 2nd. The festivities started Friday night with the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner at the Reata. We had good food and wonderful conversation. Alan and I sat with Kourtney's brother, Jeriahme and his fiance', Carrie. It was great to catch up with Jeriahme and get to know Carrie.

After the rehearsal dinner, Amy and I stayed at her parents house since we had to be in Fort Worth early in the morning. It was just like one of our former high school sleepovers.

On Saturday, we woke up to a fabulous breakfast thanks to Amy's mom. Nothing beats Chick-Fila chicken biscuits and cinnamon rolls! After the hearty breakfast, Amy's mom took us to the Lemongrass Salon to get our hair and make up done. Everybody looked great. It was so much fun to get pampered. I wish I could have someone do my hair every day!

After hair and makeup, we joined Kourtney, her parents, and the rest of the bridesmaids for lunch at a wonderful little deli. Kourtney was so relaxed! We then headed back to the hotel to get changed. We had a few hours, so we entertained ourselves learning the "Soulja Boy"dance so that we could "perform" at the reception.

The wedding was held at Saint Patrick's Cathedral in downtown Fort Worth. After the wedding the bridal party walked the two blocks to the reception at the Fort Worth Club. Thank goodness the weather was beautiful. We had no idea what to expect weather-wise for the first weekend in February, so we couldn't have been more pleased. After a wonderful sit-down dinner, we ended the day with an evening of dancing with all of Kourtney and Chris's friends and relatives.


Congrats to the new couple... Chris and Kourtney Dell'Accio!! I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

No comments: